Sunday, February 1, 2015

Faerytale




This tutorial was inspired by a challenge I did in 
my group I moderate for, The Creative Chicks.

Supplies needed:

Tube of choice: I used the wonderful art of Amberly Berenson.
 Her tubes can be found
here at MTA:  http://www.mytubedart.com/

Twisted Fairytale kit from Candy's Treats. You may find it here:

http://candystreats.blogspot.com/2014/08/twisted-fairytale-scrap-kit-freebie.html

Template 187 by Denz Designs found here:

http://denzdesignz.blogspot.com/2011/02/template-187.html

Font: Faerytale Woods here:
http://www.dafont.com/faerytale-woods.font

My mask- LLM_Mosaic.
You may find it here:
http://lorispspgraphics.blogspot.com/2014/05/well.html


Open your template, Shift D to duplicate it.
Close the original.

Delete or hide credits, Dotted Back, Large dotted Circle, Dotted Verticle, 
and Shapes.

For putting the papers on the layers (unless otherwise specified), 
I clicked on them with my magic wand and pasted the paper over
the layer. ( You can also have the layer selected, go to Selections, 
Float, Defloat, then past the paper as a new layer onto your Canvas)
Selections, invert and deleted the excess paper. 


Ready? Okay....Let's Start!

I started from Bottom Layer:

New Layer Copy and paste Paper 14 into selections. 
Deselect and add my mask from image.
Layers-Merge-Merge group. 
Move to one side. Then, I duplicated and mirrored it.

For Strip 2,  I used Paper 10--Resize by 55 %.
 ( I moved the paper part I wanted to show over the layer).

For Strip 1,  I used Paper 6--Resize by 55 %.
 ( I moved the paper part I wanted to show over the layer).

For the small Circle, I used Paper 13. 
I added a new raster layer and  pasted it into selections.

Smaller Dotted Circle--Manual color correction to white.

For the Large Circle, I used Paper 13. I added a 
new raster layer and  pasted it into selections. Now,
make a new raster layer then expand selections by 3, floodfill with 
white. Deselect. 
Now move this layer under your paper. Add noise to your
satisfaction. I used 100% .

Resize cluster  Frame 5  by 85% and put over your Paper 13 layer.

Merge Backs 1, 2 and 3 together.   Select all float, defloat, copy and paste
 Paper 16 as a new layer resize by 55%,   Selections invert, delete..
Now, make a new raster layer then expand selections by 3 and  floodfill with white. 
Deselect. Now move this layer under your paper. Add noise to your
satisfaction. I used 100% .

Hide or delete original layer and all three frames to the backs.

Toadstools-Resized 50% 2 times- Sharpen. See my tag to 
see where I placed them.
For the Once upon a time wordart, I resized it by 50%.

Add your tube and resize to your liking.

I resized mine by 75%.
Find The Candy Treats-TwistedLightburst and  resize by 75%. 
Put it on top of  the tag and place to your liking and
to where it shines a bit on your tube.

I also used the Sparklie dust and  resized it  by 75%- 2 times.
I also added some sparkles that I had, but I do 
not remember where I got them. So I am not supplying them. Sorry.

Add your watermark and the proper credits to the artist. 
I saved mine as a PNG image. Save yours to your liking. 
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!

Please tick one of the boxes below this post,
or make a comment, 
so I can see how well you liked it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment