Saturday, September 16, 2023

Happy Halloween Tutorial

 

With Halloween around the corner, I decided to create a Halloween tutorial. 

I used my Halloween kit, Happy Halloween. Although I believe any kit will do.

Please go visit my Graphics blog HERE to download the kit.

Any Halloween Tube. I used Lia. I do not know where to get her images anymore.

A mask of your choice or my Mask 1240 HERE.

Midnight Drive Font HERE.

A mask of your choice or Scrappy Bit of Fun Mask 0354  HERE.

Extra grass patch HERE. (Scroll down).


Here is what we will be making:




 

Got everything you need? Okay! Lets begin! 

Open a new image 800 x 800. Add a new layer, select all.

Copy and paste Paper 6 into selections. Deselect.

Add mask from image and merge group.

Add another layer and copy and paste Paper 1 into selections. Deselect.
Add mask from image and merge group.

Resize this layer to 85%.

Add a new raster layer, select all and paste Paper 1 into selections. Deselect.

Add Scrappy Bit of Fun’s mask 0354 from the image and merge the group. I resized this layer 95%.

Actually, it is not necessary to add all three layers of masks. You can always 

delete one or two if you do not like the way the tag looks. 

 Castle resized to 70%.

Tree 2 resized to 50%.

Tree (2) resized to 40%. Put this layer under the Castle layer.

Bat resized to 35%. Move it to the top near the moon.

I put a Lia Tube on the moon and resized it to 35%.

The fox Lia tube is resized to 25%. I also mirrored it.

And what is a Halloween tag without a ghost? I chose Ghost 1 and resized it to 40%. I also lowered the layer properties to 75.

I also put this layer under the castle layer. See my tag above.

I also added Ghost with pumpkin and resized it to 40%. I also put this layer under the castle layer.

Pumpkins resized to 40%.

Grass_1 resized to 15%. I colorized this element to brown.  Colorizing this element is NOT a necessity.

I also added the extra grass patch. I resized it to 30% and put it under the pumpkins layer.

Squirrel resized to 30%.

Highlight the Tree 2 layer.

Copy and paste Pumpkin 3 and resize it to 50%.

Copy and paste Pumpkin 2 and resize it to 40%.

Highlight your top layer and copy and paste Trick_Treat_Bag 1 as a new layer. I resized mine to 50

I added the Sparkles and Sparkles-1 elements. I did not resize the Sparkles elemet

I resized Sparkles-1 to 75%, duplicated it, image free rotated to 45.

Choose a moon. I chose Moon_1 and resized it to 35%. Move it to the top on one of the corners.

Add a gradient glow, or use the tutorial  HERE  for the gradient glow effect, if you do not have the effect. My settings are below. Play around with your settings and set to the one you like the best. I added mine two times. 







 

Now we are getting to the end.

Add any other elements you want.

Arrange the elements to the way YOU like them. (I hardly ever follow a tutorial 100%) 

I do not merge my layers in case I want to change something at a later date.

Add your names with a font of your choice or the one I

 mentioned in the beginning of this tutorial.

 Add your copyrights, then resize it

to your liking. I use Pixelette for my copyrights and my tag'd by line.

 

Save as a PNG or JPEG and you are done!

 

Thank you for trying my tutorial! Please let me know

how you liked it!

 

If you try my tutorial, please send me your results.

I would love to see them and show them off!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 
I will answer you as soon as I can.


My Disclaimer:

All tutorials on this blog are written by me from my own imagination. Any 

similarities to other tutorials are purely coincidental. I use PSP2021 Ultimate, so the tools you

use in your program may be called by a different name and may look different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment